The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change. The Brookings Police Department provides emergency dispatch services for the City of Brookings as well as Southern Curry County 9-1-1 calls, dispatching for state, county, and local law enforcement, five fire departments, and Cal-Ore ambulance. Excerpts from the BPD call logs:
Thursday, Aug. 20:
- At 1:10 a.m., an occupant of a vehicle at Azalea Park was advised of park rules and hours and that he needed to move along.
- At 6:56 a.m., an animal complaint reported in the area of northbound Chetco River Bridge.
- At 8:12 a.m., a wallet was found on 4th Street.
- At 10:18 a.m., a transient male was cited for criminal trespass in the 900 block of Chetco Avenue.
- At 2:07 p.m., a report of a fire one mile south of the California border.
- At 2:17 p.m., a report of a fire 1 mile north of the Oregon border.
- At 4:06 p.m., a report of a prowler in the 17100 block of Parkview Drive.
- At 5:24 p.m., multiple complaints regarding a male on a dirt bike racing up and down Hassett and 7th streets, on a daily basis, all hours of the day. The subject was contacted and agreed to stop.
- At 7:17 p.m., a report of illegal camping on the beach near a gated community.
- At 8:03 p.m., complaint of a constant dog barking in the 900 block of Hassett Street was forwarded to code enforcement for followup.
- At 9:41 p.m., a report of criminal mischief in the 1400 block of Seacrest Lane.
- At 10:41 p.m., an animal complaint reported at Memory and Tanbark streets.
- At 11:24 p.m., a motorist was cited for speeding 55 mph in a 25 mph zone at Chetco Avenue and Center Street. The driver was also warned for failure to carry current proof of insurance and failure to yield to an emergency vehicle.