The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change. The Brookings Police Department provides emergency dispatch services for the City of Brookings as well as Southern Curry County 9-1-1 calls, dispatching for state, county, and local law enforcement, five fire departments, and Cal-Ore ambulance. Excerpts from the BPD call logs:
Thursday, Aug. 6:
- At 12:06 a.m., a disorderly group of transients was contacted by officers in the 1200 block of Chetco Avenue. One male was cited into court on a misdemeanor warrant and released. The others were warned for criminal trespass.
- At 12:27 a.m., a transient male illegally camping on property in the 800 block of Chetco Avenue was advised to move along and complied.
- At 1:29 a.m., an adult male was arrested in the 1100 block of Chetco Avenue regarding a hit and run case last week. He was released with a criminal citation for failure to perform duties of a driver.
- At 10:27 a.m., an uncooperative female transient removed her camp from private property on Bridge Street with help from some friends.
- At 11:51 a.m., an officer assisted parties involved in a two-vehicle minor fender bender in the 900 block of Chetco Avenue.
- At 3:47 p.m., a report of a transient male dumping water bottles to return them for money in the 900 block of Chetco Avenue.
- At 4:16 p.m., a report of a stolen vehicle in the 400 block of Azalea Park Road.
- At 4:47 p.m., fire personnel extinguished an appliance on fire in a business in the 1100 block of Chetco Avenue.
- At 9:34 p.m., a motorist was cited for speeding 65 mph in a 35 mph zone at Chetco and Beach avenues.
- At 11:19 p.m., a report of a traffic crash with no injuries at mile post 2 of Chetco River Road.
- At 11:30 p.m., a parking violation issued in the 600 block of Old County Road.
- At 11:40 p.m., a report of reckless endangering in the 16800 block of Bluejay Road.