The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change. The Brookings Police Department provides emergency dispatch services for the City of Brookings as well as Southern Curry County 9-1-1 calls, dispatching for state, county, and local law enforcement, five fire departments, and Cal-Ore ambulance. Excerpts from the BPD call logs:
Tuesday, July 28:
- At 12:55 a.m., a report of a dispute/fight on the south bank of Chetco River Road.
- At 7:29 a.m., a subject was criminally trespassed from a business in the 200 block of Wharf Street.
- At 9:06 a.m., an animal complaint reported on Highway 101 at mile post 350.
- At 5:29 p.m., a subject was criminally trespassed from the 15500 block of Oceanview Drive.
- At 5:51 p.m., a report of theft at Brookings-Harbor High School at 625 Pioneer Road.
- At 8:09 p.m., an animal complaint reported in the 400 block of Fir Street.