The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change. The Brookings Police Department provides emergency dispatch services for the City of Brookings as well as Southern Curry County 9-1-1 calls, dispatching for state, county, and local law enforcement, five fire departments, and Cal-Ore ambulance. Excerpts from the BPD call logs:
Monday, Aug. 17:
- At 2:15 a.m., several adults contacted in Easy Manor Park in the 1000 block of Easy Street were advised of park hours and noise complaints and moved along as directed.
- At 3:03 a.m., a bicycle was found on Mill Beach.
- At 9:01 a.m., a report of a prowler in the 16300 block of Grootendorst Lane.
- At 10:02 a.m., a report of disorderly conduct just south of the Chetco River Bridge.
- At 10:33 a.m., a minor fender bender in a parking lot in the 300 block of 5th Street.
- At 12:22 p.m., an animal complaint reported in the 800 block of Chetco Avenue.
- At 12:29 p.m., responding to a report of an illegal burn, officers counseled a female transient on burning regulations and directed her to put out her fire. She complied.
- At 12:47 p.m., a transient male was warned for throwing rocks at vehicles in the 400 block of Fir Street.
- At 1:16 p.m., a report of a hit and run in the 500 block of 5th Street.
- At 2:18 p.m., an officer investigated a report of theft of services by a neighboring business in the 600 block of Railroad Street.
- At 3:36 p.m., fire personnel responded to a report of black smoke billowing from the mill in the 800 block of Railroad Avenue. They discovered no fire but an issue with a boiler that caused the black smoke.
- At 4:33 p.m., a report of criminal trespass in the 1100 block of Chetco Avenue.
- At 6:37 p.m., multiple reports of a transient male being extremely disorderly in the area of 400 block of Fir Street and Azalea Park on Old County Road. Subject was agitated and uncooperative upon officer contact and fled into Azalea Park. He was formally trespassed from a nearby property.
- At 7:34 p.m., a transient male was arrested in the 800 block of Chetco Avenue for disorderly conduct.
- At 8:10 p.m., a report of a dispute/fight in the 1700 block of Arch Lane.
- At 9:34 p.m., responding to a report of assault in the 1300 block of Easy Street, officers discovered mutual combat between transients. Both parties declined to press charges.
- At 9:52 p.m., a female subject was caught stealing two beverages from a store in the 1100 block of Chetco Avenue. Management declined to press charges but had her trespassed indefinitely.