The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change. The Brookings Police Department provides emergency dispatch services for the City of Brookings as well as Southern Curry County 9-1-1 calls, dispatching for state, county, and local law enforcement, five fire departments, and Cal-Ore ambulance. Excerpts from the BPD call logs:
(Note: Saturday’s excerpts were not available at until today)
Saturday, Aug. 1:
- At 12:43 a.m., a report of a traffic crash with injuries in the 13700 block of Oceanview Drive.
- At 9:37 a.m., a report of criminal trespassing in the 500 block of Hemlock Street.
- At 11:24 a.m., a report of a traffic crash with no injuries one-mile up Rainbow Rock Road.
- At 1:38 p.m., a report of criminal trespass in the 1000 block of Wharf Street.
- At 2:21 p.m., a report of burglary in the 1000 block of Fifield Street.
- At 4:33 p.m., a report of criminal trespass in the 1100 block of Chetco Avenue.
- At 4:50 p.m., a report of theft in the 400 block of Arnold Lane.
- At 5:39 p.m., a report of a fire 8- to 9 miles up towards Ludlum House.
- At 8:44 p.m., a report of disorderly conduct in the 97900 block of Klamath Avenue.
- At 10:16 p.m., a report of illegal fireworks in the 16000 block of Boat Basin Road.
- At 10:37 p.m., a report of illegal fireworks in the 200 block of Memory Lane.
- At 11:54 p.m., a report of panhandling in the 800 block of Chetco Avenue.
Tuesday, Aug. 4:
- At 8:20 a.m., the theft of prescription medications from the 300 block of 5th Street reported to an officer.
- At 11:48 a.m., responding to a report of illegal dumping, transients were contacted at the end of Bridge Street on private property and were advised to clean up their messes and move along.
- At 12:37 p.m., a transient contacted on private property at the end of Bridge Street was advised to clean up his mess and move along.
- At 1:23 p.m., an officer contacted two male transients fighting on the street near Lucky Lane. They were warned for disorderly conduct.
- At 5:59 p.m., a report of a traffic crash with no injuries on northbound Highway 101 near Lone Ranch.
- At 9:44 p.m., a report of fireworks in the 97800 block of Court Street.