The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change. The Brookings Police Department provides emergency dispatch services for the City of Brookings as well as Southern Curry County 9-1-1 calls, dispatching for state, county, and local law enforcement, five fire departments, and Cal-Ore ambulance. Excerpts from the BPD call logs:
Monday, Aug. 24:
- At 7:53 a.m., a transient male sleeping on business property in the 500 block of 5th Street was formally trespassed and moved along.
- At 10:10 a.m., an animal complaint reported in the 700 block of Pacific Avenue.
- At 10:41 a.m., a report of an adult male being verbally aggressive toward customers at fuel pumps in the 300 block of 5th Street.
- At 12:54 p.m., a report of a hit and run in the 800 block of Elk Drive.
- At 2:08 p.m., a report of a dispute/fight in the 16200 block of Tolman Lane.
- At 2:54 p.m., a report of criminal trespass in the 97700 block of Shopping Center Avenue.
- At 4:06 p.m., a report of a hit and run, fender bender in a parking lot in the 300 block of 5th Street.
- At 9:24 p.m., a report of a dispute/fight in the 700 block of Pioneer Road.
- At 9:46 p.m., a report of a dispute/fight in the 15200 block of Highway 101.
- At 10:09 p.m., a report of disorderly conduct in the 400 block of Alder Street.
- At 10:48 p.m., a report of a dispute/fight in the 14000 block of Highway 101