The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change. The Brookings Police Department provides emergency dispatch services for the City of Brookings as well as Southern Curry County 9-1-1 calls, dispatching for state, county, and local law enforcement, five fire departments, and Cal-Ore ambulance. Excerpts from the BPD call logs:
Monday, Aug. 31:
- At 12:40 a.m., a report of a verbal dispute between spouses in a motel room in the 1100 block of Chetco Avenue. The male spouse agreed to separate from the family for the remainder of the night and sleep in the vehicle.
- At 3:59 a.m., fire personnel responded to extinguish a large fire on Mill Beach.
- At 8:16 a.m., an animal complaint reported in the 1200 block of Easy Street.
- At 9:29 a.m., officers responded to a verbal dispute between spouses in the 1300 block of Seacrest Lane. The couple agreed to separate for the day.
- At 1:57 p.m., a report of a traffic crash with no injuries in the 15300 block of Highway 101.
- at 2:10 p.m., an officer responded to a report of a dispute/fight between motel staff and guests in the 1100 block of Chetco Avenue and helped parties reach a civil compromise.
- At 2:22 p.m., a report of a hit and run in the 900 block of Chetco Avenue.
- At 2:32 p.m., a report of an unlawful entry of a vehicle on Winchuck Bridge.
- At 6:56 p.m., responding to a report of disorderly conduct in the 400 block of Oak Street, officers found an adult male who had become aggressive toward medical staff when denied medications. He decided to go to a hospital instead.
- At 7:27 p.m., a report of a dispute/fight on North Bank Chetco River Road turned out to be a loud juvenile party.
- At 8:42 p.m., an officer stopping for an apparent dispute/fight in 400 block of Chetco Avenue discovered a subject “venting” loudly to a friend.
- At 11:05 p.m., a known suspect bashed in a citizen’s windshield with a baseball bat at Old County Road and North Bank Chetco Road.
- At 11:18 p.m., a male transient was excluded from all city parks for six months for having a campfire in Stout Park at 431 Oak Street.
- At 11:40 p.m., an adult male transient was arrested in the 600 block of Chetco Avenue for violating the terms of his post-prison supervision.