The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change. The Brookings Police Department provides emergency dispatch services for the City of Brookings as well as Southern Curry County 9-1-1 calls, dispatching for state, county, and local law enforcement, five fire departments, and Cal-Ore ambulance. Excerpts from the BPD call logs:
Friday, July 31:
At 6:25 a.m., a report of a male subject defecating in a driving through in the 800 block of Chetco Avenue after being refused use of bathroom.
At 8:36 a.m., a report of damage to a fence in the 600 block of Easy Manor Drive.
At 10:16 a.m., a report of a female transient pulling up plants at a building in the 400 block of Alder Street.
At 11:01 a.m., a report of an abandoned vehicle in a parking lot in the 1200 block of Chetco Avenue.
At 11:44 a.m., a resident in the 1300 block of Chetco Avenue reported his neighbor hit his RV, causing minor damage.
At 2:23 p.m., a report of neighbors having noisy roosters on Fir Street.
At 3:24 p.m., a transient female was reported swinging a baseball bat and spray painting electrical boxes and signs. The subject was located and arrested.
At 4:07 p.m., a report of a male subject falling down rope at Secret Beach. No injuries were reported. Multiple agencies responded to assist with the rescue, including Oregon State Police, Brookings Fire Rope Rescue team, Curry County Sheriff, Curry County Sheriff Rope Rescue Team, Cal-Ore Flight and U.S. Coast Guard.
At 6:33 p.m., a request to have a vehicle removed illegally parked in a lot in the 800 block of Old County Road.
At 6:50 p.m, a report of a male subject walking through a neighborhood in the 400 block of Arnold Lane with a knife and axe walking into people’s yards.
(At the time of this posting, no information was received for Saturday, Aug. 1)
Sunday, Aug. 2:
- At 1:09 a.m., a report of disorderly conduct on Kellogg Beach.
- At 1:42 a.m., a report of a motorist driving under the influence of an intoxicant at Railroad and 5th streets.
- At 1:54 a.m., a report of disorderly conduct at the Mill Beach parking lot.
- At 10:05 a.m., a report of theft in the 500 block of Velopa Court.
- At 1:24 p.m., an animal complaint reported in the 19900 block of Whaleshead Road.
- At 3:09 p.m., a report of illegal camping at Passley and Sunridge Terrace.
- At 7:32 p.m., a report of an illegal burn on Thompson Road.
- At 10:39 p.m., a report of an assault on Mill Beach.