The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change. The Brookings Police Department provides emergency dispatch services for the City of Brookings as well as Southern Curry County 9-1-1 calls, dispatching for state, county, and local law enforcement, five fire departments, and Cal-Ore ambulance. Excerpts from the BPD call logs:
Tuesday, Aug. 11:
- At 5:34 a.m., a report of a tree down on the North Bank Chetco River Road.
- At 9:23 a.m., a resident in the 800 block of 2nd Street reported people in a van setting up camp across the street from her house. They told an officer they were a day early for their camping reservation and did’t know what else to do. They were directed to pick up their belongings and move elsewhere.
- At 12:56 p.m., an adult male drove into a building in the 600 block of 5th Street due to a medical event. Neither he nor the building occupants were injured.
- At 1:57 p.m., a young adult male was warned for riding a bicycle in the skatebowl in the 1100 block of Ransom Avenue.
- At 2:05 p.m., a report of a traffic crash with no injuries in the 9700 block of Shopping Center Avenue.
- At 3 p.m., a report of a forged check in the 800 block of Elk Drive.
- At 4:30 p.m., a report of an ID card lost in the 99800 block of South Bank Chetco River Road.
- At 5:22 p.m., a report of construction tools stolen from the 200 block of Wharf Street.
- At 7:07 p.m., an animal complaint reported in the 300 block of 5th Street.
- At 7:19 p.m., a report of criminal mischief on Boat Basin Road.
- At 8:02 p.m., a report of theft in the 16200 block of Highway 101.
- At 9:01 p.m., a report of illegal fireworks on Oceanview Drive.