The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change. The Brookings Police Department provides emergency dispatch services for the City of Brookings as well as Southern Curry County 9-1-1 calls, dispatching for state, county, and local law enforcement, five fire departments, and Cal-Ore ambulance. Excerpts from the BPD call logs:
Tuesday, July 21:
- At 1:08 p.m., multiple agencies responded for a report of a female subject who fell 10 to 15 feet down a cliff at Lone Ranch beach. She was uninjured and declined medical transport.
- At 2:31 p.m., a vehicle was reported stolen from a parking lot in the 1100 block of Chetco Avenue.
- At 4:54 p.m., a citizen reported a burglary in progress in White City, Oregon. The matter was transferred to the appropriate agency.
- At 8:13 p.m., an animal complaint reported in the Mill Beach area.
- At 10:22 p.m., a man setting up a camp and building a fire next to Carpenterville Road was contacted by Oregon State Patrol and moved along as directed.
- At 9:39 p.m., an adult male was arrested in the 800 block of Elk Drive on five warrants out of Curry County. He was released with a citation on the misdemeanor charges.