The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change. The Brookings Police Department provides emergency dispatch services for the City of Brookings as well as Southern Curry County 9-1-1 calls, dispatching for state, county, and local law enforcement, five fire departments, and Cal-Ore ambulance. Excerpts from the BPD call logs:
Wednesday, Dec. 16
• At 7:20 a.m., a motorist was warned for failure to drive within lane of travel after being stopped near Chetco and Bridge.
• At 7:41 a.m., officers checked out a suspicious vehicle on Midland near 3rd. The vehicle was not occupied and was legally parked.
• At 9:40 a.m., officers received a call about a fire on Parkview. The fire department advised it was a controlled burn.
• At 10:10 a.m., officers responded to Chetco Inn after receiving a call about a dispute. The dispute was verbal only and the parties voluntarily separated for the day.
• At 10:33 a.m., officers responded to Pilling Hole Road after a citizen said mail had been stolen.
• At 4:15 p.m., officers investigated an abandoned vehicle on Cypress Street.
• At 6:30 p.m., officers conducted a welfare check at Blue Coast Inn.
• At 8:42 p.m., officers responded to Highway 101 near mile post 349 after a tree fell in the road.
• At 11:20 p.m., a motorist received a warning for failure to maintain lane of travel after a traffic stop on Chetco.
Thursday, Dec. 17
• At 8:42 a.m., an officer responded to Ranson and 3rd and removed debris from the roadway.
• At 11:06 a.m., officers responded to a fight in the 100 block of Martin Street.
• At 11:20 a.m., officers and Cal Ore Life Flight responded to the 97900 block of Toner Lane after an accident with injuries was reported.
• At 11:26 a.m., officers responded to the 1000 block of Chetco Avenue after a person with mental health issues made threats over the phone.
• At 12:32 p.m., officers responded to Fred Meyer to reports of a fight. It turned out there was no fight.
• At 1:18 p.m., officers responded to the 100 block of Martin Street to a report of a fight.
• At 3:14 p.m., officers responded to Fred Meyer after a report of a hit and run accident was called in.
• At 3:44 p.m., a woman was arrested on a detention probation warrant in the 17100 block of Parkview Drive and transported to jail.
• At 4:12 p.m., an officer went to the 400 block of Fir Street to investigate an assault that occurred between spouses.
• At 5:21 p.m., a cell phone was found at Chetco Point.
• At 8:34 p.m., a motorist received a verbal warning for driving without lights when required after a traffic stop at Chetco and Center.
• At 9:02 p.m., a male transient was arrested for disorderly conduct after an incident at Ranch Viejo. He was trespassed from the property and cited and released.
• At 10:08 p.m., a car key was found near the Backstreet Bar. The owner was located and claimed the property.
• At 11:34 p.m., a motorist received a warning for speeding after a traffic stop at Chetco and Ransom.
Friday, Dec. 18
• At 1:05 a.m., officers investigated an assault on Lower Harbor Road.
• At 1:28 a.m., a warrant was served on Fir Street.
• At 9:49 a.m., officers responded to Allen Lane to investigate an Internet scam.
• At 12:37 p.m., officers were called to investigate suspicious circumstances at the post office.
• At 2:04 p.m., officers conducted a welfare check at the Harris Beach Rest Area.
• At 4:44 p.m., a fire was reported in the 97900 block of Holly Lane.
• At 6:23 p.m., a missing person was reported on Pioneer Road.
• At 10:14 p.m., a warrant was served at Fred Meyer after police were called to investigate a criminal trespass.
Saturday, Dec. 19
• At 12:50 a.m., a traffic stop was conducted on Chetco near Center.
• At 3:46 a.m., a loud noise was reported in the 600 block of 5th Street.
• At 8:35 a.m., police were called to investigate a deceased person on Rowland Lane.
• At 2:47 p.m., a parking violation was reported on Mill Beach.
• At 3:46 p.m., officers responded to the area south of 361 to investigate a disabled vehicle.
• At 4L05 p.m., a traffic crash with no injuries was reported on Pacific and Highway 101.
• At 4:21 p.m., officers responded to the 800 block of Railroad Avenue to investigate a criminal trespass complaint.
• At 5:03 p.m., officers responded to North Indian Road to investigate a hit and run accident.
• At 9:51 p.m., officers responded to the 16200 block of Tolman Lane to assist a suicidal person.
Sunday, Dec. 20
• At 1:37 a.m., a traffic stop was conducted at Railroad and Center.
• At 6:32 a.m., a bicycle that had been missing was located and returned to its owner.
• At 11 a.m., a traffic stop was conducted at Chetco and Dairy Queen.
• At 11:56 a.m., a parking violation was reported at Mill Beach.
• At 11:58 a.m., a fight was reported on Azalea Park Road.
• At 5:30 p.m., police responded to Fred Meyer and cited a woman for theft. The woman was released on her own recognizance.
• At 6:23 p.m., a traffic stop was conducted at Chetco and Pacific.
• At 9:42 p.m., police responded to Mill Beach and arrested a transient for starting a fire in a trash can. The person was cited and released on arson in the second degree and criminal mischief in the second degree.
Monday, Dec. 21
• At 8:09 a.m., police responded to the 400 block of Knoll after a caller reported a vehicle had been broken into. An investigation revealed several vehicles had been targeted and items were stolen. A transient man was apprehended for the crimes, cited and released.
• At 9:20 a.m., officers conducted a traffic stop at 5th and Valvoline.
• At 9:27 a.m., officers investigated an illegal camping complaint at Chetco Point.
• At 9:38 a.m., officers did a welfare check at a residence on Moore Street.
• At 11:19 a.m., officers trespassed a disorderly man from McDonald’s.
• At 12:30 p.m., officers took a theft complaint at Fred Meyers.
• At 1:17 p.m., police responded to Bi Mart and arrested a man for theft in the second degree for stealing several items and then attempting to elude lade enforcement officers.
• At 2:38 p.m., police investigated a minor traffic crash on Highway 101 at mile post 358.
• At 6:16 p.m., officers reported to the 16300 block of Highway 1010 for a fight.
• At 6:36 p.m., police received a report of a missing woman on Chetco Avenue. The woman was later located safe.
• At 8:04 p.m., police responded the Chetco Avenue Market Place after receiving a call from a concerned citizen about a door being open.
• At 10:25 p.m., officers responded to a minor disupute between three adults at the Blue Coast Inn.