The other day my bride was granted a 10-day reprieve from work. What to do, where to go? Where else but Brookings and some fresh air, sun and sand, plus, wandering about aimlessly. One of the best activities when renewing ones energy level is to get a sense of the local verve.
Where to look first? The Letters to the Editor column of course. Here is where the local laundry is aired out and always offers humor, anger, and sound advice. I really enjoyed reading about Sheriff John Ward's pro-active stance on 'rioting' protesters. America needs more like him.
Funny how time flies when you're not watching the clock 10 hours a day. You're asking what time, and what day is it, as if memory was left at your front door. This means it's time for us to leave Brookings for the Ocean Side Diner breakfast in Harbor, and our front door.
Vernon Packer, Redding, California
Trending This Week
- Oregon governor said to be considering travel restrictions to slow spread of virus between states
- OLCC cites Southern Oregon bar for no masking or social distancing; suspends liquor license
- Curry County Public Health reports three new COVID-19 cases today
- New confirmed COVID-19 case reported by Curry County Public Health
- Former students bid farewell to inspirational instructor
- Oregon state parks adds temporary nonresident camping surcharge
- The 6 p.m. Report: COVID-19 in Curry and Del Norte counties
- Federal SNAP benefits to continue in August
- Archie McVay: A ‘Coastie’ with a vision
- Free kayaking and clean-up on the Chetco River Saturday, Aug. 8