Trump was able to delay the 2020 election because of the George Floyd demonstrations and COVID-19 recurrence. However, by June of 2021 he was finally thrown out of office and into jail. But it was too late. Although a new president had been elected, the campaign had almost no coverage of climate change.
The delays in dealing with climate change while Trump was in office proved to be fatally overwhelming. The massive tasks that were necessary also came at a time when people were worn out from dealing with COVID-19. So, the earth got hotter. The tundra fires in Siberia finally broke thru the permafrost releasing several gigatons of methane. Oceans rose and became more acidic killing most sea life. Massive storms caused trillions of dollars worth of damage. The. U.S. Could not cover the damage because of the expenses during COVID-19.
Arctic ice and glaciers continued to melt. Forest fires became more common and more deadly. Droughts then heavy rains ruined crops and destroyed farmland.
Brazil continued to cut down their rain forest to raise more beef.
As the damage continued to grow more people could not support themselves or had to live with armed militias. Refugee numbers approached one billion. Countries became more nationalistic and tried to block their borders. Small skirmishes started over borders with no countries trying to help others.
Battles became large till whole countries were involved.
At the beginning of 2030 the first atom bomb was dropped.
Yes, it can happen.
Edlin Patterson, Brookings
Featured Print Ads
Trending This Week
- Three new COVID-19 cases reported in Curry County; two are out-of-staters
- CDCR again shuts down transfers due to virus concerns
- Oregon Governor Kate Brown extends face coverings requirement statewide
- Governor extends state of emergency additional 60 days
- GOP rally, 101 cruise planned for July 4
- City of Brookings issues drinking water warning
- Coast Guard helps rescue three, re-rights capsized boat near mouth of Chetco River
- The Pilot's E-Edition for 7/3/20
- BOB bus to deliver snack packs each Wednesday through Aug. 19
- Spirit of Gasquet Raft Race continues, downsized