My name is Sue Dodgen and I am a candidate for a library board position. I would like you to know more about our Chetco Library budget.
This information is public and is available to you on request from the Library Director. The report is entitled “General Fund, Form LB-20”
Our Board of Directors is approving budgets that are greater than income. When you spend more than you bring in, the term that applies is “deficit”.
- All Income is projected to be $895,070.
- Spending is planned to be $1,060,887, which is a deficit of $165,817 (18.5%).
- All Income is projected to be $860,412.
- Spending is planned to be $942,719, which is a deficit of $82,307 (9.5%)
- All Income was $869,203.
- Spending was $826,722, which is an overage of $42,481 (4.8%)
- All Income was $838,425.
- Spending was $908,411, which is a deficit of $69,986 (8.3%)
The needed operating funds for LB-20 (spending minus income) are being spent from the cash balances (“available cash on hand”), which are being steadily reduced.
The other funds are independent of this operating fund and are not included here. The ending reserves are about $400,000, which will last only a few years at this rate.
If the resources are reduced to zero, the spending must be reduced or income must increase. Almost all of the income for the budget comes from your property taxes. The tax is being levied (assessed) at the maximum rate allowed by law.
All of this is in the approved budget papers available at the library.
Robert Wilson (Position 3), Ronn Johnson (Position 4), and Sue Dodgen (Position 5), if elected, have a plan to remedy this. Please vote for all three of us.
The library budget is 100% balanced and we would never operate at a deficit. If anyone has questions, please contact me. I'd be happy to explain the budget to you. ~Julie Retherford, Library Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Welcome to the discussion.
1. Be Civil. No bullying, name calling, or insults.
2. Keep it Clean and Be Nice. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
3. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
4. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
5. Be Proactive. Let us know of abusive posts. Multiple reports will take a comment offline.
6. Stay On Topic. Any comment that is not related to the original post will be deleted.
7. Abuse of these rules will result in the thread being disabled, comments denied, and/or user blocked.
8. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.