Brookings/Harbor parents, friends and community members have an opportunity to remove from duties "three blind mice", out of five, which currently sit on the Chetco Library Board of Directors. This is the moment I have been waiting for "Vote Them Out 2023". This should also be the community's response for ignoring the petition to address book placement and contain young and vulnerable children from unintended access from sexually graphic and illustrated books.
The BOD voted against the petition that gathered 400 signatures, all the while community members challenged the BOD on their reasoning that ignores the public. The BOD betrayed public trust and acted contrary to written rules of their duties.
As stated under Article VII - Board Responsibilities
Section C. Make decisions based upon the wishes and needs of the public and place the needs of the public above the ambitions of the Board or the District. Love this rule!
We have a very active LGBT agenda currently running amok with grants from entities that actively support division, segregation, and gender affirmation. Would it surprise anyone, some Oregon grants have the same agenda as the LGBTQ+mnop?
Seems too often people elected into office fail to keep their responsibilities to their constituents and community members. Refusal is a blatant attempt to stifle Christian families and community members' concerns.
Regain control of the library, May 2023.
Our community deserves to be heard, vote these people out. We want strong individuals to set a better course of Collection Development for the Chetco Community Library. Taxpayers are owed an amicable response to the community's request for special placement of sexually graphic and illustrated books. We are not asking that they burn them. A library reformation is required of public services for ALL taxpayers - 99%, not just the LGBTQ - 1%.
Believe it or not…..fundamentalist religious conservative citizens DO NOT represent the majority!! They just happen to be the biggest & loudest whiner’s!!
Welcome to the discussion.
1. Be Civil. No bullying, name calling, or insults.
2. Keep it Clean and Be Nice. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
3. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
4. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
5. Be Proactive. Let us know of abusive posts. Multiple reports will take a comment offline.
6. Stay On Topic. Any comment that is not related to the original post will be deleted.
7. Abuse of these rules will result in the thread being disabled, comments denied, and/or user blocked.
8. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.