Linda Louise Zia
HER BIRTHDAYS, YES PLURAL…
Her original birthday was October 22 and her new birthday is now June 29th a day her family will forever remember and celebrate with joy at where she is now.
Her life on Earth: October 22, 1953 —> June 29, 2021.
Spending eternity with Jesus face-to-face: June 29, 2021
Who Was Linda Zia?
- BEST FRIEND to John Zia for over 50 years
- LOVING WIFE: Prime example to her family and countless others of a godly and loving wife devoted to God and her husband for 44 years.
- MOM to David and Daniel for 39 and 37 years respectively.
“2ND MOM” to countless others. This is probably the most common comment shared, “she was like a second mom to me”. Always loving, always stable.
- FAITHFUL FRIEND to so many. Always encouraging, often their biggest cheerleader. When you wanted to feel better about yourself you just called Linda.
- FIGHTER to the end. She had a spirit that would never give up, never complain, and always approach each of life’s challenges with gratitude. Seriously, never complained with all of the pain, discomfort and cancer treatments. She fought to the very end with great mental clarity, far past her body’s natural ability. Within her last hours she went from beating her grandkids in a complex memory game to fading completely.
HER FAMILY IS GRATEFUL FOR…
- 30+ extra years of life when she was original diagnosed with breast cancer 33+ years ago and given only a 20% chance to make it 5 years. We choose to live in gratitude to our heavenly Father for all these extra years with her.
- 3+ extra years of life when she was given only a couple months to live 3+ years ago when the same breast cancer came back and was discovered in her lungs, liver and bone.
- The chance for the family to say “good bye” so many times over 3 years fitting a decade worth of memories and deep conversations into those 3 years. Many people don’t get to say good bye and they were able to say EVERYTHING and let her know exactly how they felt about her for years, enjoying each precious moment.
Linda was buried at the cemetery in Brookings on July 6th.
Family memorial service was at Grace Bible Church on July 7th.