Dottie, “Dorothy” Ellis-VanKeirsbulck, of Brookings, OR went home to be with her Lord and Savior on January 28, 2023. She was born on April 27, 1927, in Keokuk, Iowa. At the age of 14, she and her family moved to Chicago during the war where she finished high school. Shortly after high school Dottie moved to Los Angeles, Ca where she worked in the insurance industry, later marrying the love of her life.
Dottie was a caring wife, mother, grandmother, great grandmother, sister, aunt, and friend.
After leaving California and moving to Brookings, Dottie (known as “The Bridge Lady of Brookings”), became the director for the Tri City Bridge Club which she ran for over 30 years. Within that time, she earned her Life Master Ranking in Duplicate Bridge.
Besides bridge, Dottie loved spending time in her studio where she did China painting and built fully furnished miniature doll houses.
Dottie especially loved flowers and couldn’t wait for spring to come so she could plant her gardens.
She is preceded in death by her late husband, William Ellis; three sons, Lawrence, Steven and Billy, two sisters and three brothers.
Dottie is survived by her daughter, her youngest son, 4 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren, several nieces, nephews and friends.
A private ceremony will be conducted by family. A Spring Garden will be planted in her honor.
Welcome to the discussion.
1. Be Civil. No bullying, name calling, or insults.
2. Keep it Clean and Be Nice. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
3. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
4. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
5. Be Proactive. Let us know of abusive posts. Multiple reports will take a comment offline.
6. Stay On Topic. Any comment that is not related to the original post will be deleted.
7. Abuse of these rules will result in the thread being disabled, comments denied, and/or user blocked.
8. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.