David (Dave) Mitchell died December 24, 2019 peacefully surrounded by loving family and dear friends. He was born in Myrtle Point, Or on the 13th of February, 1951to Alice and Melbourne (Mick) Mitchell, The family moved to Gold Beach, where Dave and his brother Jeff attended school, Dave graduated from GBHS in 1969. He then spent 4 years in the navy as a corman aboard the USS Kittyhawk. Dave was always a logger working for Erickson Aircrane, helicopter logging from Montana to New Mexico, making friends and fishing the west. He spent his last years logging for Zuber and Sons all over Southern OR until he was diagnosed with cancer, which he fought brave and hard for 5 years. Dave loved fly fishing, tying his own flies for his special spots on the Rouge River. Dave enjoyed hunting, mushrooming, and just being outdoors. He was an avid reader, loved good music, gardening and cooking. His meals will be missed. Dave is survived by his mom Alice of Gold Beach, wife Jodi also of Gold Beach, Brother Jeff Mitchell from Kentucky Daughters Kerry Jackson from Ft. Collins Co. Traci Mitchell from Grants Pass and Cori Mitchell also from Grants Pass. Grandchildren Alicia, Brenton Delilah, Karter Finley and B. Harper. Also his beloved cat Joey. He was one of a kind and will be deeply missed We will celebrate his life later this spring.
Trending This Week
- What’s closed? What can you still do?
- Oregon announces extension of tax filing
- Oregon Health Authority reports 26 new cases of COVID-19
- Curry County Commissioners shut down transient lodging
- Official: Curry County low risk for coronavirus
- Vulnerable shopper hours best in the morning
- Police Blotter: Smoking near propane tanks
- Brookings declares state of emergency
- Gold Beach passes flurry of declarations
- CCP E-Edition for 4/30/20