In this odd and unprecedented year of 2020 in which all events have been canceled, the Rogue River Triathlon has been granted the green-light! We are going to run the event! We will be following Oregon state guidelines regarding COVID-19.
The Rogue River Triathlon is a special little event held in Agness beginning at 9 a.m. on Aug. 8. There are many reasons why this event is special, but let’s point out a few.
The run and bike sections of the event boast beautiful views of the river. The swim portion actually takes place in the river!
The event is a fundraiser for the Agness Library and the Agness Fire Dept. The entry fee is a donation and all proceeds go to the library and the fire department. The people of Agness also host a bake sale and we have a fundraiser drawing for donated prizes that add to the proceeds.
This event is a great starter Triathlon for anyone who has ever thought about doing a Triathlon. The swim is a half-mile distance down river, the bike ride is 12 miles and the run is 3 miles. Athletes can participate in an individual category or as a team. The run and bike portions of the event are on an out-and-back course so there is lots of support and encouragement from other athletes.
Welcome to the discussion.
1. Be Civil. No bullying, name calling, or insults.
2. Keep it Clean and Be Nice. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
3. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
4. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
5. Be Proactive. Let us know of abusive posts. Multiple reports will take a comment offline.
6. Stay On Topic. Any comment that is not related to the original post will be deleted.
7. Abuse of these rules will result in the thread being disabled, comments denied, and/or user blocked.
8. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.