Redwood parks

The National Park Service (NPS) currently has several openings for temporary seasonal maintenance workers at Redwood National and State Parks.

Duties may include custodial work (cleaning, sanitizing and stocking comfort stations, shower buildings, vault toilets and composting toilets) collecting trash and other grounds-keeping duties, and general maintenance, such as making minor repairs to park facilities and infrastructure.

Positions are full-time, a minimum of 40 hours per week, lasting approximately July through mid-October. Wages for these positions starts at $19.77 per hour and the work may include being required to work on-call, evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime and/or shift work. 

Job applicants must be 18 years of age, possess a valid driver license and be U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S. with or without Federal status. To apply, applicants should send a detailed resume and other supporting documents via email to NPS maintenance supervisor by Friday, June 26. 

To receive credit for all appropriate qualifying experience, your resume must clearly indicate the nature of the duties and responsibilities for each position, starting and ending dates of employment (month/year) and full and/or part-time or total number of hours worked (i.e., work 40+ hours a week, rather than indicating full-time). If part-time, the hours must be annotated to be able to pro- rate the amount qualified specialized experience. The resume should indicate specific experience with custodial operations and the tools used to perform these duties. 

Applications should also include other supporting documents, if applicable, such as: 

1. Veterans Preference Documentation: 

· If you are a discharged, non-disabled veteran, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 showing character of discharge (Member 4 copy), or other documentation of service and separation under honorable conditions, as listed on the SF15. If you don't have your DD-214, you may request it after discharge from the National Archives. 

· If you are a veteran within 120 days of discharge, you must submit signed documentation from the Armed Forces certifying: 1) your expected release/retirement from active duty, 2) under honorable conditions, 3) your pay grade/rank/rate at time of discharge, 4) dates of active duty service, 5) any campaign or expeditionary medals received, & 6) dated within 120 days of your separation. 

· If you are a disabled veteran, Purple Heart recipient, or mother or spouse of a disabled or deceased veteran, you must submit all additional proof required by the SF15, and if applicable, a completed SF15. You may request a copy of your Department of Veterans Affairs letter from or call 1-800-827-1000 to establish proof of disability. 

2. Documentation that you meet selective factors. 

For more information on this job opportunity, call Chris Corder at (707) 465-7373. To learn more about Redwood National and State Parks, go to 



Online Poll

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?

You voted:

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

1. Be Civil. No bullying, name calling, or insults.
2. Keep it Clean and Be Nice. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
3. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
4. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
5. Be Proactive. Let us know of abusive posts. Multiple reports will take a comment offline.
6. Stay On Topic. Any comment that is not related to the original post will be deleted.
7. Abuse of these rules will result in the thread being disabled, comments denied, and/or user blocked.