The Central Curry School District 1 Board of Directors has approved the ratified contract agreements with the Central Curry School District 1 Classified Employees Association and the Central Curry Educators Association.
The agreement with the teachers association for 2019-2021 includes a 3.5 percent wage increase and step in salary, and a 5 percent insurance cap in each year. The approval of the classified staff contract for 2019-2022 includes a 6 percent increase and step in salary, and no increase cap for each of the next two years. Negotiations will reopen for salary and benefits for 2021-2022. The classified staff includes teacher aides, bus drivers and food service employees in the District.
Central Curry Superintendent Tim Wilson said the classified agreement was made in two sessions and the licensed staff agreement was made in three sessions.
“Established positive relationships helped make the bargaining sessions efficient and respectful,” Wilson said.
The two contracts represent approximately 50 employees within the District.
The contract ratification came during the school board’s regular public meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 18.
The Board also approved the Board goals and District improvement goals for 2019- 2020. The Board approved two grant applications submitted by teachers for instructional and safety equipment.
- Complete Promise Scholarship Program training provided by the Oregon School Boards Association.
- Superintendent Evaluation Process
- Board Roles and Responsibilities
- District Leadership Team
Increase community engagement
- Improve school/district culture for learning
- Increase parent participation and communication
- Involve community members who do not have children in the schools
- Include STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) activities for students and families
Continue development of Long Range Facilities Plan Improve technology infrastructure Create and prioritize deferred maintenance plan for existing facilities Develop strategies and timelines to involve the staff and community in decisions regarding the future considerations for school facility remodel or replacement
District Improvement Goals
- All students will meet their annual growth goals in English/Language Arts and Mathematics.
- All students will attend school with at least a 90% rate and have access to support systems including emotional health needs.
- All students will have access to a highly qualified teaching staff which is recruited and retained for consistency with instruction and program development.
The Central Curry School Board’s next regularly scheduled meeting will be at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct.16.