ODFW fisheries meeting
The public is invited to attend Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) meetings on Sept. 17 in Gold Beach and on Sept. 18 in Port Orford to discuss the commercial black and blue rockfish and nearshore fisheries.
Geared primarily to commercial fishers with black and blue rockfish and nearshore permits, the agenda for the meetings will include:
• Black Rockfish Management Area elimination or modification discussion (daily trip limits)
• Harvest outlook from the 2019 cabezon stock assessment
• Review of the 2019 season to date
• Process and options for setting 2020 regulations
• Update on ODFW black rockfish habitat modeling
• Input from industry and others interested in 2020 commercial nearshore fishery state management
The meetings will be held at 6:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Sept. 17, Pacific Reef Resort, 29362 Ellensburg and Highway 101, in Gold Beach.
• Wednesday, Sept. 18, Port Orford Library, 1421 Oregon Street, in Port Orford.
For more information, contact ODFW at 503-947-6000.