The brightly colored "Bites of Brookings" Bus will be used to distribute free snack packs to youth in the Brookings-Harbor School District on Wednesdays beginning July 1 and continuing through Aug. 19.
Snack packs are available for any youth ages 1-18 and are provided from the Brookings Harbor Community Helpers Emergency Food Bank.
It’s hard to miss the BOB bus because it’s brightly painted to look like a giant watermelon.
This year’s BOB Bus Route was made possible via the Brookings-Harbor Food Bank snack pack program and with generous grants from Advanced Health and AllCare Health.
The following times and locations are approximate. The bus will pull up into parking lots or pull-out areas adjacent to these businesses and locations to distribute snack packs. All addresses are in Brookings or Harbor and dates are each Wednesday through Aug. 19.
- Brookings-Harbor Shopping Center (near Old Wash House Laundrymat, north parking lot entrance), 97900 Shopping Center Ave., 11:07 a.m. to 11:22 a.m.
- RE/MAX Coast and Country and Wild Rivers Antiques Mall, 16218 W Hoffeldt Lane, 11:23 a.m. to 11:38 a.m.
- Winchuck River Road (turnout on the south side of the road about one mile up from 101, across from Quail Drive and Peacock Road), 11:44 a.m. to 11:59 a.m.
- U.S. Cellular (southside of shopping mall parking area, off East Hoffeldt Lane), 16261 Highway 101 South, 12:06 p.m. to 12:21 p.m.
- Kemp Auto Sales, 16365 Old US Hwy 101, 12:23 p.m. to 12:38 p.m.
- Azalea Park along Lundeen Road (near backside of Kid Town playground area and the junction with Old County Road), 72089-97699 Lundeen Rd., 12:42 p.m. to 12:57 p.m.
- Brookings Swimming Pool/Bud Cross Park, 1130 Ransom Ave., 1 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.
- Henderson Road near Carpenterville Road junction, 97040 Henderson Rd., 1:21 p.m. to 1:36 p.m.
- Coverdell Road Neighborhood off Rainbow Rock Road, 96465-96401 County Highway 721, 1:42 p.m. to 1:57 p.m.
- Arnold Lane at Fifield Street (in or near turnout to Living Waters Foursquare Church), 511 Arnold Lane, 2:13 p.m. to 2:28 p.m.
The Brookings Harbor Food Bank also is continuing its summer snack pack program on for children ages 1 to 18 years old on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the food bank, 539 Hemlock St., Brookings. For information call Food Bank Director, Pamela if you have any questions 541-469-6988.