In 2019, the Curry County Cultural Coalition reported awarding grants totaling $8,135 to 11 organizations whose projects most closely fit the goals and guidelines of the coalition and the Oregon Cultural Trust.
The purpose of the awards is to increase public participation in Oregon culture, according to a coalition press release.
The recipients for projects to be completed in 2020 were:
• Brookings Area Council for the Arts, American Music Festival: $1,000
• Chetco Community Public Library, Library Community Band: $1,000
• Chetco Pelican Players, Youth Production for 2020: $1,000
• Curry Arts, Inc., Create & Celebrate - Happy 130th Birthday to Gold Beach: $400
• Curry Public Library, Summer Reading Program: $800
• Gold Beach Community Center, Grand Reopening with Historical Displays: $400
• Mildred Hill Concert Series, 2020 Concert Series: $1,000
• Pelican Bay Arts Association, Art at the Port: $535
• Port Orford Main Street Revitalization, Old Town Jail: $250
• Run to the Rogue Dinner, Siletz Dinner: $1,000
• South Coast Folk Society, Curry County Contra Dances: $750.
Oregon Cultural Trust funds are generated through direct donations, the sales of Cultural Heritage license plates, and individual state tax credits.
One-third of the money the trust grants each year is distributed among 45 county and tribal cultural coalitions, based on population.