Brookings Second Saturday Art Walk
The Brookings Second Saturday Art Walk for July 13 will have many new displays, and it happens from 3 to 6 p.m. in downtown Brookings.
For instance, PBAA/Manley Art Center starts things off with an interview of featured multi-media artist Linda Ross at 4:00 p.m.
At 4:45 p.m., visitors to Brian Scott Gallery will get to see and hear about new paintings by their featured artist, Pete Chasar.
Semi Aquatic Gallery will feature Emily Miller who harvests rope washed up on local beaches and turns it into Ghost Baskets. Also, local coffee roasters will be there to offer samples of their Nector of Life brand.
Ambiance by the Sea is celebrating its Third Anniversary with paintings by Brian Gibbons, photos and glass art by Garrett Smith, and some new-found Liz James pieces.
Complete details about art walk venues and activities are listed below. Most will also provide free refreshments and live music in various musical styles. There are no admission charges, and there’s no obligation to buy.
Many other downtown merchants not listed below also stay open and warmly welcome visitors during the art walk.
And, for anyone who misses any or all of this Second Saturday Art Walk’s activities, there’s an after-art-walk report with photos on www.wildriverscoastart.com
Complete Venues List:
1. Ambiance by the Sea, 530 Hemlock St., 541 254-4097. Features ocean art of Brian Gibbons; photos and blown glass by Garrett Smith; new-found art by Liz James; driftwood art, and more. Music by Lon Goddard.
2. Brian Scott Gallery and Signatures, 515 Chetco Ave, 541 412-8687. Special Event: 4:45 p.m., interview with featured artist and sculptor Pete Chasar. This multi-level gallery also includes Signatures, gallery within the gallery. Live music by Matt Stump.
3. Chetco Community Public Library, 405 Alder St., 541 469-7738. Library Meeting Room offers “Whimsy,” art by Christina Olsen, Dale Wells and Horst Wolf. In the lobby, the showcase features a display by the Festival of the Arts in Stout Park.
4. Chet’s Garden Center, 301 Oak St., 541 813-2312. Featured artist is Sarah Lawrence. And this untypical garden store offers plant-themed indoor and outdoor art in addition to actual plants and flowers. Music by Two Time Nelson.
5. Forecastle Books, 547 Chetco Ave., 541 813-2665. Featured artist is photographer David Lovell. Also wine tasting and appetizers from Great American Smokehouse & Seafood Co. Music by Billie Ruth Furuichi.
6. PBAA/Manley Art Center, 433 Oak St., 541 469-1807. Special Event: 4:00 p.m., interview with featured artist, potter, and sculptor Linda Ross. Gallery theme is Paper. Classroom has art, too, and hosts Chetco Photographers, Tuesday Painters, Life Drawing, Mudslingers, Fiber Arts, and more. Music by Robert Kosslyn.
7. Semi Aquatic Gallery, 654 Chetco Ave., 503 451-3775. Special Event: 3:00—6:00 p.m., meet featured artist Emily Miller, maker of baskets from recycled fishing rope, and sample locally roasted Nectar of Life coffee. Also art by Spencer Reynolds and music by Cam McVay.
8. Wright’s Fog and Fine Art Gallery, 810 Chetco Ave., 541 469-7900. Featured artist is Anna Gitchel, as well as works of 35 others—jewelry to oil and watercolor paintings. Gallery also offers art supplies, framing services, and art classes Wednesdays and Fridays. Music by Sharon Guinn.