Downtown Brookings Second Saturday Art Walk is scheduled from 3-6 p.m. Dec. 14.
1. Ambiance by the Sea, 530 Hemlock St., 541-254-4097: Multi-media artist Kelly Marie Aldrich is featured, as well as several wood art creators. And there will be a special holiday table of refreshments. Music by Lon Goddard.
2. Brian Scott and Signatures galleries, 515 Chetco Ave, 541- 412-8687: An all-gallery show based on “Peace” theme is featured, plus Angela Ewing will sign copies of her books. This multi-level gallery also includes Signatures, gallery within the gallery. Music is a Special Holiday Singalong with “Christmas Belles.”
3. Chetco Community Public Library, 405 Alder St., 541- 469-7738: The large meeting room has art by Tammy Delaney and Lorraine Filippone. The lobby showcase features Gus Realion’s “Nutcracker Collection.”
4. Chet’s Garden Center, 301 Oak St., 541-813-2312: Shelby Otero, maker of macramé wall art and plant hangers, is the featured artist. And this untypical garden store offers more indoor and outdoor art in addition to actual plants and flowers. Music by Crosswinds.
5. Forecastle Books, 547 Chetco Ave., 541-813-2665: Fabric artist Billie Ruth Furuichi is the featured artist. Also a selection of other art objects and books, plus wine and appetizers by the Great American Smokehouse. Furuichi will also present live music.
6. PBAA/Manley Art Center, 433 Oak St., 541-469-1807: The work of glass artist William Kilgore is displayed. The gallery theme is “Joy.” The classroom hosts Chetco Photographers, Tuesday Painters, Life Drawing, Mudslingers, Fiber Arts and more. Music by Michael Johnson and Sharon Guinn.
7. Semi Aquatic Gallery, 654 Chetco Ave., 503-451-3775: Michael Kew signs copies of “Rinbownesia’ a collection of travel narratives, Arch Rock Brewing presents its new crowler and Spencer Reynold’s art is featured. Music to be determined.
8. Wright’s Fog and Fine Art Gallery, 810 Chetco Ave., 541- 469-7900: Featured artists are art students from Southwestern Oregon Community College and College of the Redwoods. Plus jewelry, oil and watercolor paintings, art supplies and framing services. Art classes Wednesdays and Fridays. Christmas music by Josiah.
3-6 p.m. A Holiday Open House with Santa is at Wright’s Fog and Fine Art Gallery.
3-6 p.m. A book signing for Michael Kew’s “Rinbownesia,” a collection of travel narratives at Semi Aquatic Gallery. Also, Arch Rock Brewing presents its new crowler.
4 p.m. An interview with featured glass artist William Kilgore at PBAA/Manley Art Center.
4:45 p.m. An interview and book signing with Angela Ewing at Brian Scott Gallery.
Many local businesses stay open during Art Walk hours and also welcome visitors. An after-Art Walk report with photos will be available at www.wildriverscoastart.com.