Curtisene L. Erickson, 76, Centralia, Wash., died April 21, 2001, at Rosary Manor Skilled Nursing Facility in Centralia.
She was born July 29, 1924, at Silver Creek, Wash., to Curtis and Annie (Walkup) Sutphin.
She grew up in the Silver Creek and Onalaska areas in Washington, graduating from Onalaska High School in 1942.
She worked at the Boeing plant in Chehalis, Wash., for several years.
On Nov. 21, 1946, she married Hjalmer Erickson in Onalaska. They lived in Randle, Wash., for several years and then moved to Bandon in 1954, living there for four years.
In 1958, they moved to Brookings where she worked for the Chetco Rexall Drug Store.
On May 2, 1966, her husband died. In 1970, she married Stanley O. Erickson, her deceased husbands brother, and they moved to the Glenoma, Wash., area where she worked for The Chronicle as a motor route carrier for several years.
In 1981, Mrs. Erickson moved back to Onalaska. She worked in the kitchen at St. Helen Hospital in Chehalis until her retirement in 1996.
Her memberships included Trinity Lutheran Church, Brookings; First Lutheran Church, Morton, Wash., and St. John Lutheran Church, Chehalis, Wash.
She enjoyed reading, gardening and walking.
Survivors are daughters, Gail Van Der Hoeff, Chehalis, Wash.; Mary J. Rogers of Onalaska, Wash.; twin brothers, Larry M. Peterson of Ethel, Wash., and Gary M. Peterson of Seattle, Wash.; stepchildren, Roger Erickson of Vancouver, Wash.; Kenneth Erickson of Morton, Wash.; Diane Martin of Renton, Wash. Also surviving are 11 grandchildren and a great-grandchild.
Preceding her in death were her second husband, Stanley Erickson; son, Steven C. Erickson; sisters, Mattie Breen and Viola Kromarik; brother Elbert Sutphin.
Remembrances may be made to the American Cancer Society, 31 W. Sixth St., Medford, OR 97501, the National Arthritis Foundation, 4412 S.W. Barbur Blvd, Suite 220, Portland, OR 97201.