NESIKA BEACH - A contractor working at the Rogue Electrical Substation along North Bank Rogue River Road near Nesika Beach was electrocuted Tuesday morning, according to Curry County Sheriff John Bishop.
Benjamin E. Cool, 35, was transported to Curry General Hospital where he subsequently died.
Co-workers at the Bonneville Power Administration's facility said they heard a pop and looked up toward the bucket in which Cool was working, Bishop said. They were able to get him down from the bucket and begin CPR. Bishop believes the man was moving a transfer box when he was injured.
Representatives of the Curry County Sheriff's Department, Cedar Valley Fire Department and Cal-Ore Ambulance responded to the 911 call.
Cool was a native of Lewiston, Idaho, and worked for Wilson Construction of Canby.
The investigation is ongoing with various organizations, including Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the power company.
The 15,000-volt substation was expanded in 2011-12 to maintain reliable electric service and avoid risks to the public and for improved worker safety.