RV park blaze guts motorhome

By Scott Graves, The Curry Coastal Pilot

A Harbor resident is without his home but alive after a fire gutted the inside of his motorhome early Sunday morning at Harbor RV Park on Benham Lane.

Philip Hayes, a relatively new resident to the park, had just turned on the propane in his motorhome to supply a water heater when the gas ignited and started a fire, said Harbor Fire Department Chief John Brazil.

Harbor volunteer firefighters responded to the 7:30 a.m. call within five minutes and were able to keep the fire from escaping the motorhome and spreading to nearby trailers and motorhomes, Brazil said.

"It could have been a lot worse; those units are so close together," he said.

Six firefighters and one engine responded to the blaze. An engine and several firefighters from the Brookings Fire Department were on standby to help if needed, Brazil said.

The Curry Coastal Pilot
This image is copyrighted.

Brooking's autos, jobs, real estate and merchandise.

Ads appear Online and in Print

View Classifieds

Connect with The Curry Coastal Pilot

Curry Pilot Newsstand

Saturday May 27, 2017

Read digital interactive editions of our publications

Read Today's Edition Take A Tour
View All Publications