Frank Muller passed away at his Brookings home from natural causes on April 13, 2013. He was 70.
Frank was born July 10, 1942, in Plainfield, N.J., to Albert and Mary Muller.
In 1964, Frank entered the U.S. Army and served during Vietnam.
He made his home in the San Francisco Bay area where he worked for Bell Market in San Francisco and later for Pardini’s of Marin. While in Marin, he coached basketball for Special Olympics. He also met Sandra Martin-Costa. The two fell in love and were married on May 12, 1990.
He and Sandra left Marin for Napa and eventually moved to Brookings in 2005 where they were founding members (co-founder) of the Brookings Harbor Redshirts. Frank was also a member of the Brookings Elks Lodge and the Vietnam Veterans of America.
In 2012, Frank received the Chapel of the Four Chaplains Legion of Honor Award from the Marine Corps League. Frank was an excellent tennis player in high school where he also began to write prose and poetry — creative arts that he continued all of his adult life. Frank enjoyed playing darts, fishing, collecting rocks and unique driftwood, photography, playing cards and doing anything he could to support the Redshirts and support the troops “until they all come home.”
Survivors include his daughter Allison Muller of Napa, Calif.; son Andrew Muller of Portland; granddaughters Andrea Muller (Napa) and Makayla Costa (Petaluma, Calif.); brother John Muller and sister Mary Kimble, both of San Luis Obispo, Calif.
Frank was preceded in death by his wife Sandra in 2012, his parents, and his brother, Albert.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Brookings Harbor Redshirts, 15821 Hwy. 101 South, Brookings, OR 97415.
A celebration of Frank’s life will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, May 24, 2013, at Living Waters Foursquare Church, 1136 Fifield St. in Brookings. In honor of Frank’s work with the Redshirts, everyone in attendance is asked to wear red. A luncheon reception will follow there.
Condolences may be expressed online at www.redwoodmemorial.net.
Submitted by Redwood Memorial Chapel