|Wild Rivers Coast events for Nov. 29 and beyond|
|November 29, 2013 10:54 am|
Nature’s Coastal Holiday Nature’s Coastal Holiday lights up the gardens of Azalea Park in Brookings from 5 to 9 p.m. from Sunday, Dec. 1, through Tuesday, Dec. 24. Santa will be on hand from 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday through Tuesday, Dec. 21-24.
Crescent City Christmas Parade
The annual Crescent City Christmas Light Parade will step off at 5:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 29, in the downtown area. See the Del Norte Triplicate for details.
Turkey Trot 5K
The fourth annual Rotary Club of Bold Beach Turkey Trot 5K will start at 9 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 30, starting and finishing at the Hospice Marketplace on the Wedderburn Loop in Gold Beach. The entry fee is a donation of food to the food pantries of Gold Beach.
“Puss in Boots”
The Brookings Harbor Community Theater presents “Puss in Boots” for two weekends from Dec. 5 through Dec. 14. Show times are 7 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays, and 2 p.m. on Saturdays.
The Chetco Pelican Players present “The Grinch” for two weekends, Dec. 6-8 and Dec. 13-15, at the Chetco Playhouse, 1240 Chetco Ave., Brookings. Showtimes are 7:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, and 2 p.m. Sundays.
- A holiday market will be open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6, at the Brookings-Harbor Shopping Center in Harbor, continuing on Saturday, Dec. 7, and the following weekend, Dec. 13-14.
- The annual Holiday Bazaar at the Del Norte County Fairgrounds is open from Friday, Dec. 6, through Sunday, Dec. 8, in downtown Crescent City. Hours are 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, and noon to 4 p.m. Sunday.
- Manley Art Center and Gallery will have a Christmas Bazaar and Open House from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, at the center, 433 Oak St., Brookings.
- The Lighthouse Quilt Guild’s Quilt Bazaar is open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, at the Andy Flynn Memorial Hall, 201 Del Norte St., Crescent City.
- The Artisan Holiday Market and Food Drive will be from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14, and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15, at Wright’s Custom Framing and Art Supplies, 810 Chetco Ave., Brookings.
Santa at the Port
Santa Claus arrives by fire truck at the Port of Brookings Harbor and greets his friends from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7.
Pennies for Pooches will have Santa Paws available for portraits with pets from noon to 3 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 7, at Woof’s Bakery in Gold Beach, and from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14, at Woof’s Bakery in the Brookings-Harbor Shopping Center, Harbor.
Marty Stuart in concert
Marty Stuart and the Fabulous Superlatives perform at 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, at the Tolowa Event Center of Lucky 7 Casino, Highway 101, Smith River.
The 24th Candlelight Walk will take place from 5 to 8 pm. Saturday, Dec. 7, at Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park, located on Highway 101 about 36 miles south of Crescent City. The event is sponsored by the Redwood Parks Association.
Santa Claus plans to be at his Crescent City headquarters from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays, Dec. 7, 14 and 21, 925 Third St., Crescent City.
Brookings Tree Lighting
Curry County Board of Realtors and Curry County Home Builders Association present the community Christmas tree in downtown Brookings on the corner of Chetco Avenue and Hillside Avenue, starting with a tree Lighting Ceremony at 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8. Santa plans to be on hand. The tree will be the focus of a Toys for Tots gift drive on Saturday, Dec. 14, and a Christmas Carol Sing Off on Saturday, Dec. 21.
The Del Norte Habitat for Humanity’s annual Yuletide Tea will be offered in three seatings on Sunday, Dec. 8 – 11 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. – all at 622 J. St., Crescent City.
The Curry/Del Norte Orchestra will presents its fall “Symphony by the Sea” concerts Dec. 7-9.
- Gold Beach, 7 p.m. Saturday, Grace Lutheran Church.
- Crescent City, 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8, at the Elk Valley Rancheria Community Hall, 2500 Howland Hill Road.
- Brookings, 7 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9, at Trinity Lutheran Church.
The DNACA concert series presents Dirk Powell and Cedric Watson in a program called “At Old-time Creole-Cajun Crossroad” at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8, at Crescent Elk Auditorium, 994 G St., Crescent City.
The Pacific Music Guild presents a Christmas concert by the North Coast Chorale and the Crescent City Children’s Choir at 7 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 10-11, at Crescent Elk Auditorium, 994 G. St., Crescent City.
Crescent City Art Walk
The Crescent City Art Walk will include an Art Walk Market from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13, in the Mason Mall.
DNHS Dance Concerts
The Del Norte High School dance program will present “Dancing in a Winter Wonderland at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Dec. 13-14, at Crescent Elk Auditorium, 994 G. St., Crescent City.
“A Christmas Carol” reading
A rendition of the classic “A Christmas Carol” will be read from 7 to 9 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13, at Santa’s Headquarters, 925 Third St., Crescent City.
Brookings Art Walk
The Second Saturday Art Walk will stroll through downtown Brookings from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14. See the Curry Coastal Pilot for venues and details.
“Voices of Christmas Past”
The Del Norte Historical Society will present readings from the Brother Jonathan shipwreck disasters at 3 p.m., 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. at Santa’s Headquarters, 925 Third St., Crescent City.
Community Christmas Concert
Stagelights Musical Community presents a Community Christmas Concert at 6 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 21, at the Harbor Performing Arts Center in the Brookings-Harbor Shopping Center, Harbor.